I had a bad hypo the other day.  I was so scared! I don't know what to do to prevent this from happening again.  Are there any options open to me?  I don't want go through losing awareness during a hypo ever again!

You can always carry snacks with you or perhaps juice.  So if you feel a hypo coming on, you can quickly eat or drink a carb.  You can prepare yourself by taking your blood sugars more often to ensure that your sugars are within normal ranges. 

What have you been doing to prevent hypoglycemia?  You should be able to learn to recognize any of the signs that come up.  Learn to listen to your body and know when you are going into a low blood sugar.  You will then be more prepared to keep a hypo from occurring.

I know I have had hypos happen and I know how scared I was, especially the very first time. I was home alone and felt really tired and like I was in a dream. Then I woke up on the floor. I was shaky and scared. I hurried up to eat something and soon I started feeling better. so I make sure I keep something with me to keep my blood sugars stable and that they don't fall again like that. When I exercise, I eat a protein bar with about 15 grams of carbs in it. I check my sugar afterwards to and see if I need any more carb. It is a manner of just knowing if I am feeling just not right.
You can’t go through life being scared. You have to live a productive life where you don’t let something like hypos get in your way.

Hypos are a bit frightening but if you keep yourself where you eat your carbs you need and stuff you will be fine.
Don’t let it control you, you control it.
Keep glucagon handy or those little packs of glucose gel you can buy from around the Walmart pharmacy area. Those work quick and you just let them dissolve. No chewing needed.
When in doubt, check your blood sugar with your meter. Then you will know for sure.