Hey. Five days ago I had heart attack. I am heart patient as you can see. Now, it is time for my recovery process. I can't tell you how I feel because I am constantly scared that something else will happen to me. I have a few questions that I should do or shouldn't do, that I should eat, drink or not. Well I am a huge coffee lover but some of my friends told me that I shouldn't drink coffee. I also love to eat for breakfast toast and butter. Now I have heard that margarine is better.

What can you tell me about this.

Should I drink coffee or not?

Should I eat margarine or butter? 

Hello there.

I think that there is nothing bad in drinking coffee and tea even if you have heart issues. I was reading that you can drink up to 5 cups of coffee per day and that this can help you in lowering the risk of the heart attack. About tea – well you can never go wrong with tea. Green, black, chamomile tea…It doesn’t matter. I believe that a cup of tea/coffee is healthy and that there is no reason to avoid it. So, let me answer your question – yes you can drink coffee but I am suggesting you to drink a tea as well.

I would avoid margarine and butter, both.

Hey there you two. Well you can’t go by total fat and it most of the fat is heart – healthy monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fat I can tell you that this is very good thing. But if there is even a small amount of trans fat that is a problem. I was reading that some heart associations suggested patients to buy soft, trans – fat – free fats. It is very important to check the ingredients.

Not every butter or margarine has the same structure. Read the labels. That is the only way to see what it the best.

You should drink coffee as well.

Good day. I won’t repeat how coffee is good for everyone and for heart patients as well. We already know this.

But I can see that no one give the proper answer about question – margarine or butter.

Here are some facts.

Butter is very solid dietary product that is made by churning cream or milk to separate solid components from the liquid. The solids just disappear from butter.

On the other side, margarine is developed as a substitute for butter and it is made from plant – based oils.

So when you figure out this, butter is definitely better option.

Have a nice day. 

Hey. Yes I was reading somewhere about this difference between butter and margarine. As I already told you I don't eat any of those products. But my mom is literally crazy about margarine. She is eating it with slice of bread and sea salt. For dinner. She told me that this is an amazing thing and that it is healthy, but now I can notice that it is not. And she is older lady, she should definitely avoid it because she has weak heart. 

I will try to convince her that butter is much better.

Thank you for this. 

Hello everyone.

Well like you already know, I had heart issues and I still have them. When I had my first heart attack I told to myself that I would never give up on coffee. I was the happiest man alive when my doctor told me that I can drink coffee. He told me that I should drink coffee; two or three cups. 

Margarine has better taste for me, but I also know that butter is much healthier and that it has so many benefits. I think that margarine contains a lot of trans fats, which are not so good.