Hi. One issue just came across my mind. I don't know why now, but I am still traumatized because I saw one patient in the hospital while I was wait for some exam, and that patient just faint down on the floor of the hospital. Doctors  started to talk that this patient is diagnosed with bacterial endocarditis and that he needs to be treated as soon as possible. I got scared that I can get this bacterial endocarditis as well, maybe because I just was in the same rum with her. I know it is silly, but I am just like that. Can you inform me how  can I prevent Bacterial endocarditis?

Hey there. As you probably know, bacterial endocarditis is a relatively uncommon, life-threatening infection of the endothelial surface of the heart, including the heart valves. There are a couple of ways to prevent it, and at the first place you need to make sure to practice a really good hygiene.  For example, you need to pay special attention to your dental health. Also, you need to try to avoid procedures that may lead to skin infections, such as body piercings or tattoos. I love tattoos, but I know that this can be dangerous. I hope that it is helpful. Have a nice day! 

Hello there. I agree with those advice to prevent it. This situation can be very serious, especially if you  already know that certain dental and medical procedures can allow certain bacteria to enter your bloodstream. now, antibiotics that are taking before these procedures can help you to destroy or just to control the harmful bacteria. Those bacteria can lead to endocarditis. People who have heart conditions are at the huge risk at more - serious outcomes from endocarditis, and they usually need to take some preventive antibiotics before any procedure to prevent endocarditis. Good luck.

Hey! I agree that dental hygiene is very important as well, but you also need to take a care of the hygiene of your skin. It is very important to wash your skin with an antibacterial soap that can lower your risk of developing some possible skin infection. It is very important to contact your dermatology just to be informed about this. He also can prescribe some medications for you, just for the prevention. You can easily recognize the symptoms of the skin infection (redness of your skin, skin is peeling etc). When you notice any of those signs, contact your doctor.  

Good day guys. I was pretty sure that there is no option to prevent this issue. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with Bacterial endocarditis two years ago after having the dental surgery. I didn't know that this even exist until it happened to me. I really was thinking that my doctor or my dentist will inform me about possible dangerous of this procedure, but something happened and he didn't told me. Now I am feeling OK, but also I am using the medications all the time as well. So, don't be afraid to ask what is dangerous in those procedures. It is better to ask.