Hello there. My neighbor dog has some problems recently with her teeth and some dental disease issue. I know this, and I am using some products and medicines that my vet told me to use. But, yesterday I was talking with my friend, and she told me that she had the same situation as well, a few months ago. But, she started to give kibble to her dog and she was much better after :)

My question is – can eating kibble really produce cleaner teeth and prevent canine dental disease? If this is true, I am really willing to try! 

Hello. I have a Siberian husky that has been using dry food for a couple of weeks now, and I can really see the difference. Before that, I was feeding him with raw homemade food and he kept having teeth and gum problems.
As soon as I started giving him kibble his teeth and gum kept getting better, I don’t know if that will work for your dog but my Max is doing great.
Pay attention to the brand, because not all brands are good for teeth. You should use only quality brands and that will help dental hygiene and your dog’s overall health.

Hey. Sure it can. My dog is eating kibble for three years, and since then, he didn’t had any teeth problems or some oral diseases. So, I guess that this helps. My dog had problems with this teeth before, and I did almost everything to find the cause, but I couldn’t. So, my vet told me to give him kibble, and it works. Dry dog food is actually a great teeth cleaner, but you should pick only good and proved brands. Maybe it sounds absurd to you, that some good can help so much, but it is not absurd :) 

Hello :) I was thinking that this is not true at all lol. My dog, Golden Retriever has this problem as well, and I did everything – I was changing his toothpaste, his toothbrush, but nothing helped me. My ex husband told me that I should feed him with kibble, but it seemed really funny for me. I didn’t do that. Now, I am really sorry. If this can help my Cody to be better, to have cleaner teeth and to avoid a lot of dental issues, I will try this. Now, I am pretty sure that I finally found the cure.
Thank you!

Hello guys. My dog’s teeth and gum are really sensitive. I mean extremely sensitive.

Because of that I was really happy when I heard that eating kibble can prevent dental diseases in dogs. The very next day I went to a supermarket and bought one box of them. My enthusiasm related to them was destroyed very fast.

I was giving them to my dog for about a month and a half and his oral hygiene was the same as earlier. His teeth weren’t clean at all. I stopped buying them after this. I think this is just a commercial trick and nothing more. Better buy a tooth brush for your dog because kibble sucks.

Hm, I am not so sure. Kibble can be helpful as an extra addition to your dog’s oral health. But, if you want for your dog to have strong teeth and healthy gums, you need to use brush and paste (specifically developed for dogs).

Kibble is effective against food particles, but won’t do much good against tartar and plaque.

Plaque requires physical scrubbing to be removed in order to prevent forming of tartar (rock-hard, barnacle-like crust).

That’s why you need to provide total oral care for your dog (it would be nice if you can afford teeth cleaning from vet at least once a year).

Hello there. It helped me, but once I had some bad issue with it, because I didn’t choose the good product. My oldest dog usually is having some dental issues and dental disease, so I really did impossible things to help him. It is very common disease for dogs, and there are a lot of ways to treat it, but I am not sure can you prevent this.

Now, my dog was eating kibble and it really helped him produce cleaner teeth, but I am not sure how much this helped him in dental disease. Good toothpaste, good toothbrush and kibble are the best combination to avoid dental disease.