So I'm 20 years old and I've had what look like Fordyce spots on my testicles and the shaft of my penis since early teen years. I was just wondering how common these are, because I'm pretty embarrassed to become sexually active with them. I don't want to freak anyone out if they aren't very common or something.

Ok, I just read that 90% of men/teenagers have them and so they are very common. They don't just appear on penis and testicles but also on lips, back.etc.
I have these too, I find it really embarressing despite that its normal because as far as i've seen, none of my friends have it (dont get the wrong idea, I dont search my friends XD).
I guess that there's nothing to worry about but if you want to well, have sex, it's best to have a good relationship with someone who you can trust and explain it too (Explain that its normal) and someone who you know wont spread it around. :-)
Good luck and just don't worry about it.