i am 15 years old and Ive noticed fordyce spots on my penis and i was wondering how to make them go away without surgery. does anyone know how to make them go away? TELL ME PLEASE. im depressant. thanks. !

imonsterable,

These are VERY common. Most males have them to some extent. They are nothing to be ashamed of.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a doctor to treat them. There are chemical peels but they can lead to scarring of the penis. Other procedures do exist but they carries other risks. If you find them excessive then speak to your doctor or a dermatologist.

is there anything that i can put on it to reduce its apperence?

Not really, at least without some side effects.

There are creams that you can put on, you'd need a prescription though so you'd have to see your doctor. Two are, tretinoin, it's a gel that you'd have to put on every day. The other is isotretinoin.

STOP - before you go out and try to get these, there are some side effects. You may notice your hair thinning, joint pain, urinary problems, nosebleeds, rashes (yes down there too) and they can cause liver problems.

AND - I assume you don't want a girl to see these spots and I understand that. But, do you really want her to see some gel covered penis that has a funny smell? Remember, most guys have these.

SO - see your doctor. The only options for treatment require that you see a dermatologist.

The chemical peels like that are just that. They "burn" away the outer layers of skin and can lead to scarring. I don't think you want to have a scarred penis. The laser treatments basically vaporize the spots, but they again can cause burning or scarring.

Post back if you have any more questions.

what if i put baby powder on it everyday? will that atleast reduce its apperence?

I don't think baby powder will help, but it probably won't hurt either.

so theres nothing...i can do?

Imon,

I'm sorry but not without seeing a doctor.

Some sort of make-up? I'm no make-up expert, so don't quote me on this it was just an idea that popped into my head.

What do you think dan?

hmmm just thinking... it could be quite embarrassing if it rubs off on her hands %-)

It would be a bit embarrassing if it rubbed off. What about the taste of the makeup or explaining the flesh colored stains on your underwear to your mother? o.O

It's probably not your best idea Kingfrieze. It was worth a shot though.

Actually Kingfrieze, do you agree that imonsterable shouldn't worry so much about this. Do you think most girls are really that concerned about spots? I know at 15 everything seems to be a catastrophe.

how about anti sebum

Imon,

I would rather you see a dermatologist first. Talk to them about treatment options. Just because you can buy something over the internet does not mean that it is safe. This is your penis you're talking about. How long do you have to use this product? What about allergic reactions?

Some of the other websites seem to consider anti-sebum a scam. I'm not familiar with the product.

Let me ask you,

1. Have you talked to your folks about this?
2. Has someone else commented on these spots?

You've made several other posts in the past day or two, which is great. Seriously though, how do you feel about yourself overall? I know you want to be have a nice set of abs, v-cut, etc. Are you happy with your appearance?

Be honest. In case you haven't noticed, I tend to give direct honest answers. I don't judge anyone.

I am very happy with my look actually. i just want to take care of my body and get things fixed so that way i wont have to worry about it in the future.

I'm glad that you are happy with your look. I know it may seem like an odd question but guys can have body image problems just as girls do. Looking at all your questions just made me wonder how you felt.

You've cleared it up nicely.

I apologize for my response. I look at what my 18 year old son is doing and think back to when I was growing up. We seemed to just accept things back then. There were no miracle cures, we just learned to live with things as they were.

If you decide to try the anti sebum then please follow the directions. I still prefer that you saw a dermatologist first but I can understand your reluctance.

Good luck. Let us know how it works.