I’m wondering why swimmers hate breaststroke. I’m not a pro and I usually use breaststroke style. Maybe I’m not doing something properly and maybe I don’t see how difficult it is. I know that butterfly style is much more attractive and very difficult also, but there’s nothing wrong with breaststroke either. What is your opinion? I’ve noticed that many people from my swimming club avoid breaststroke.

As far as I know breaststroke is a very difficult style, despite the fact that it looks easy. It’s also one of the basic styles and children usually learn how to swim breaststroke first. Apart from that fact, it is considered to be one of the most demanding swimming styles, especially when it comes to competitions. There is a possibility that you haven’t learned how to swim breaststroke properly and that’s why you find it easy. Ask your coach or a fellow swimmer to watch your technique and see if everything is correct. Besides, there is a big difference between relaxed swimming for pleasure using this style and competitive breaststroke because breaststroke for pleasure don’t require too much energy. Maybe swimmers don’t like because it doesn’t have such attractive movements like butterfly.