What I’d like to know is whether you’re fond of breast stroke. In my opinion that’s the most basic swimming style and everybody should master it before proceeding to another styles. I also know that people tend to underestimate it because it’s not so attractive. What is your opinion? Do you think it’s difficult or not? I even like to watch it at competitions.

I agree with you. I also like both to swim and to watch breaststroke, but I must admit that, like many others, I consider butterfly to be one of the most attractive and interesting styles/. It always leaves me breathless. But of course, not literally because I don’t dare to try it. I think that only those who are very experienced and skillful can swim it. The reason I don’t want to swim butterfly is that I really don’t want to ruin such an attractive style with my mediocre performance. I know my limits and I wouldn’t like to be one of those people who just want to show off, and instead of being admired for their skillfulness they’re just humiliating themselves because they’re trying to do something they’re incapable of.