Maybe I’ve bitten off more than I can chew but my great wish is to take part in marathon or half marathon. Since we all know that training is very important for this athletic discipline, I need your help on how to conduct endurance training in order to improve my performance. I think that I’m still not fit to even think about running half marathon. How to change that?

Before starting with this kind of training I’d like you to know that since it’s too demanding and strenuous you should see your doctor and cardiologist and check if everything is alright with your body and heart. After that I’d like to add that marathon is the most difficult athletic discipline and that it requires a hard work and many sacrifices even if it’s only for amateur purposes. Endurance training is supposed to teach you how to economically use your body’s strength resources and to divide your physical potential so that they can last throughout the whole race. There are various ways of training, and since it’s so specific and serious, I think that you should have a personal trainer.