How do I know when I need new shoes if I haven't been keeping up with their mileage?

I think I got them about a year ago, I remember taking Avery in her infant carseat while I was shopping. But up until about 4 months ago my mileage wasn't very much at all.

What are signs of needing new ones???

Thanks!

Take out the insole and feel with thickness of the sole between your fingertips with hands on the outside and inside. Does the part under the ball of your foot feel smashed down? And are there creases in the foam sole that aren't "snapping back"?...staying compressed? Also, when you place the shoe on a flat surface like a table top, do they stand nice and flat or are they warped and rock around from being twisted and thumped by the road?

that's my best indicators to offer up...

I compare them to a new pair. I wear shoes on the outside and I compare the out edges and sometimes I'm amazed at how worn they are.

If you think there is any chance your shoes are worn, you should buy a new pair immediately!!