They are wearing, but evenly all the way across the sole. The heel is worn slightly more than the toe, but evenly all the way across. I thought shoes were supposed to show how you run? Hubby's shoes have half the miles and the outside of his soles at the heel are visibly worn. He is a huge pronater, though.
My shoes are Reebok Hopkintons, his are Asics Gel something.
Should I replace them when I see some really visible wear? I could have them a year or more at this rate and I really want a pair of DMX Reply . I'm running about 18-20 mpw now.

Consider yourself lucky that you have good stride mechanics. I'd wait until the get closer to 400 miles before I got another pair though.

Is that it? I had a hard-core running dude stop me one day and tell me I had 'a great gait'. I had no idea what it meant, but I did say thank you.

I change mine at around 300-325 miles. You still have plenty of sole left.

Wouldn't go anymore than 500.

The sole isn't what you need to be concerned about. Actually, the OUTSOLE, the black stuff that hits the pavement, isn't what you need to be concerned about.
It's the MIDSOLE that wears down first.
Most shoe manufacturers suggest putting about 500 miles on a pair of shoes. But, your mileage may vary.

A good way to tell what kind of runner you are (neutral, overpronator, etc.) is to place your shoes side by side on a level surface and look at the back of the heels. Don't even bother with the outsole.
If your shoes 'lean' toward each other (as I'm sure your husband's do) then it's a good chance you overpronate.
If your shoes 'lean' away from each other (as mine do ) then it's a good chance that your gait is neutral to underpronation.

Still clueless? Take a picture of them and send it to me.

And if they're straight up and down?

Once you can step on a coin and be able to feel through the sole if it's heads or tails, then it's time for new shoes

Then you're most likely a neutral gaited runner. Kinda like what that 'hard core running dude' said.
And I see that jrjo wears his shoes just as long as I do.

Depends on the surface you run on also. Running on the inside track or treadmill puts little visible wear on my shoes - 250 miles on current pair. Road and outside track running puts considerably more visible wear on them. I get 500 miles out of a pair of shoes generally.

I have never run indoors and hope I never have to. Half the fun of running is being outside!