I'm just curious about the mileage everyone gets on their shoes.
Could you tell me what you're getting mileage wise on the shoes you have and any special care you put into them as well?

500+. It helps to wear them ONLY for running.

Asics Preleus, 401.23
Mizuno Wave Riders, 232.41
Asics Kayano X, 91.73

I usually use the Preleusi for any runs of five miles or less. The Riders and Kayanos are for anything longer, and all races. I alternate them for each race, just to get an idea which I'll use come Mad City. It'll also give me an idea which one to get a second pair of, once the Preleus have reached their end.

300 then retired to day shoes. Day shoes retired to yard shoes. Yard shoes retired to big track in the sky.

I usually retired mine around 300. If they were worn during a special event, I strung them together and hung them up in the basement. I have 2 pair of shoes going now.
Asics 2060's with 281.91 miles, which are still in my closet, just can't bring myself to throw them out

Asics DS Trainer VII's with 373.90 on them. These have been relegated to cycling only duty.

on my first pair of running shoes in several years.

but i do only use them for running.

want to hear about when to retire skate wheels?

I usually stick with getting new ones at 400 miles. I've got one pair that's got only treadmill miles on them, they've got >400 miles and they still look brand new, so I may be keeping them to 500 miles.

At 300 miles, I get a new pair and begin to rotate the two.

At 350 miles, I won't wear them for speedwork or LSD runs. I do wear them on rainy, muddy, or snowy days.

At 400, I wash them and drop them off at the homeless mission.

As for special care, I give them daily postive affirmation that I care for them and have confidence in their ability to support me on my training runs.

400-450 miles. Then they go thru the Tribob program.

I wouldn't wish my 400+ mile running shoes on my worst enemy...

So far my previous pairs have lasted for 350-400+ miles. My current rotating pairs (Asics 1080 and 1090s) have about 200-300 miles on them at the moment

About 450ish. If they still feel good I'll keep wearing them. I've had a few pairs that I ditched a little earlier because they didn't seem to be holding up.

You would be surprised at what shelters think are good. I spend some time and clean them up really good, then run them through the washing machine. Sometimes throw in a pair of new laces. Someone in need could definitely wear them.
They have another big program here where they collect the runners old shoes, clean them up, and send them to a school in Africa where they have no shoes.

By my estimations on the shoes I bring to a homeless shoe drive at one particular road race I try to run each year, 6% of the homeless in that city could be wearing my old running shoes.

That's funny. I thank my shoes when I retire them :)