Since I'm still kinda knew I just want to make sure I'm not pushing too hard. I've seen it happen with weight trainers (that leads to alot of bad stuff) and I'm assuming it can happen to runners. I very between one mile and two mile runs. I run three times a week and I even have a nifty little chart to record all my stats (gotta love computers). I just want to make sure I'm not pushing too fast. I see results from my running which makes me want to push harder and farther. Last time I ran a two miler I did it in 19:45 But today I did it in 18:21. Same thing with the one miler. Last week it was 8:50 and last time it was 8:21. It seems I can drop off at least 10 to 30 seconds if not more on each run. So I'm just making sure I'm not getting ahead of myself. Oh and on a side note, since i started running more i've been dropping that extra body fat like melting butter. I went from 21% body fat two and a half months ago to 14% tonight. YAY ME! 8) So give me some more insights and thanks again for all the warm welcomes.

You will see big performance gains when you start. It sounds like your are fine.

This sounds like very good progress, and nothing to worry about unless you are feeling a lot of fatigue. The thing to realize is these big improvements won't continue forever. The key thing is to stick with it and not get discouraged when sometimes you will actually get slower from one week to the next. Overall you will continue to improve, but just at a much slower week.

I do believe there is a great advantage to establishing a fast pace first, but at some point you will need to up the mileage to continue to see solid improvement.

21% to 14% that quickly?!!!!!! wow, you are like "Super Size Me" in reverse. congratulations. If you have no aspirations to race in the near future, then I'd say "keep doing what your doing." However, in the future, you will plateau and you will not see any more weight loss or increase fitness. At this point, you will need to increase mileage as Craig suggests, just to maintain. If you plan to run a 5k or 10k you may want to do it sooner. For now, just enjoy the transformation of becoming a fit person in America. You are beating the odds, congratulations!!!!