How is your running a couple of days pre and say cd 1 or 2?
I tried to do a track workout thursday and was miserable...thought it was my worst run ever! Now saturady is cd1 (I started late last night/this morning) and tried to do my usual...I ran 1 mile and walked a bit then couldn't get restarted. Ended up walking back to my car and home. I think I will try another long run tomorrow but YUCK!!! to the last few days. What's going on here. I have only been running about 8 weeks and 1 of those weeks I was sick with bronchitis now this. I want to enjoy this more then I have.
Also it is still so hot here in Phoenix AZ... 86 degrees+ 60% humidity...geez, I am ready for "winter"
HELP!!!
TIA

I definitely get more tired a week before, and it usually lasts a few days into my period. Sometimes, if I have a key workout, I'll take a Midol to help w/ the bloating & fatigue. Be careful with Midol in the heat, though, since it's also a diuretic. Make sure you stay well-hydrated. Most times, I'll just take it easy when my body is fighting me every step of the way. If I need to cut a workout short, that's just the way it goes. It's better to walk away sometimes & just do your next run fresh. Discipline is one thing, but putting too much pressure on yourself to perform well at every workout can lead to burnout. I do find, though, that even though I have really bad cramps and don't feel like going out for a run, a nice relaxed run of about an hour gets rid of the cramps & re-energizes me (helps w/ my grumpiness too). So, I'd say get out there and run, but listen to your body.

I think your running can definitely be affected, but it won't last long. Look at it as an excuse to factor in a few easy, slow days.

I sympathize with your weather. Ours comes close (TX), but it's begining to cool off a bit. (we're in the 80's now) Once the humidity goes, I'll be thrilled.

I'm totally fine except for the first day. I can not run on that day, EVER. I've heard exercise makes cramps better, but for me it makes them about a hundred times worse. :(

I can run, but that's about it. I usually don't have any desire to work out with weights and definitely not do anything with my abs! I hate feeling so "blah" and out of it. Thankfully, I only feel that way for one day. I don't know what I would do if it lasted any longer than that.

Probably...

hmmm, i read that no it doesn't affect performance, but the author didn't interview me because i do slow down. i feel really lethargic mostly the week before. i think it's my mood during PMS...

Shelly

I'm extremely tired a couple days before and I'm definitely slower on my runs. Then after the first day, I'm usually fine.

That was me...I could not handle a quarter mile 2 days beforeand on day 1. Day 2 was better and now I am running higher mileage then ever (3 miles no walk:) ) and I am on day 5. Now I know. Thatnks all for the replies

Me, too, Pebbles. They say our oxygen levels actually are lower pre-menstrually, too... which will account for not having that energy and breath as usual... as was suggested by someone early in the thread, I use it as a good time to take it easy, work in some good slow runs.