I recently got my motivation back, but now my runs have been suffering. I give up my on myself so easily. I run with a group 3 days out of the week and I do fine with them. When I run on my own, I cant seem to push myself. It's becoming more and more frustrating. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Distance running doesn't need to be about "pushing it". Especially when it's during your first few months of getting out the door. Probably the best thing you can key on is simply consistency. Lace up everyday. Even if it's only a mile or two, you've gotten out there and you're making running part of your daily routine. Don't dwell on your pace. As each week passes that you've run 4 or 5 or 6 days, the enthusiasm, endurance and consistency will stick. I've been running for years but still make a "2-mile minimum" rule for myself. Sure, most days are much more, but on those mental low days, an easy 2 makes all the difference in the world.

Any chance that when you run with your friends you may be pushing your pace just slightly? When I first began running, I was too focused on running the same pace constantly. Since I've backed off and learned what easy runs are, things have improved greatly, and I don't get so burned out.

I agree with jrjo, just force yourself out there and run a few miles. Getting into the habit is the hardest part.

Good luck and welcome!

Don't worry about your pace on your solo days. Get out and run at whatever feels comfortable. Just make sure you get out and run. After a few weeks it will become a habit and the next thing you know you will be heading out the door almost unconsciously.

Another possible help:

Run for a certain amount of time; not distance.

Go out and do a 20 minute run...go 10 minutes, and then turn around. I did this alot when I was starting out...just getting in an amount of time, instead of measuring myself in distance really seemed to help.

First off, buy yourself a cheap diary.
Now set yourself goals; note these goals down at weekly, monthly, yearly intervals. Make your goals easily obtainable ones at first, with sensible progression.
Read your diary in about a years time. Note the improvement.

Thank you guys for all of your responses. I took some time off this week to reflect on some runs and take your advices. Well I had a race yesterday and ran a PR. I was so pleased. I thought I was going very slow.
I think you guys were right I was pushing myself to run fast. The plan is to just take it easy. Thanks again for the advice