I have problems with my heart. I was suggested that I should lower my heart rate in order to alleviate the problem. I don’t know how. I don’t have influence on my heart beat. Nobody has. Right? How am I supposed to lower it when it is beyond my control? I would appreciate any help with lowering my heart rate.

Unless you are highly skilled yoga master from India, you cannot have direct influence on your heart rate. There is something you can do though. You can lower your overall and resting heart beat by making your heart stronger. How can you do that? Simply by working out continuously. Smart approach can enable you to adjust your workouts so that you get all the benefits and avoid any danger to your health or side effects. Don’t expect any miracles in few weeks. It takes many months but in the end you will have much stronger heart which can perform its tasks with significantly less beats per minute. Another important factor is nutrition. Polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as cold pressed flaxseed oil along with magnesium, calcium and potassium will make your arteries clean and your heart stronger.

I agree with ring, only medicine can make your heart rate lower instantly.

You should try slower your breathing, I think that could lower your heart rate.

I agree with bith with ring and morpheous99 - make your body stronger means more aerobic exercise or also known as cardio exercise. Also, slowing down (too fast) heart beat can be done with breathing - yogis do it that way too (not that I am suggestion anyone is close to mastering breathing technique like them)