I like to ride. You can say that I am truly devoted to cycling. I haven’t paid attention to my heart rate so far but recently a friend of mine got one and I tried his bike. I noticed that my heart rate was too high. I check it the day after but the number was still high. What do you think about it?

You have to check it with your doctor. If you are pushing too hard you may slip into overtraining. One of the first signs is elevated heart beat. If you lack some minerals in your diet such as magnesium, calcium and potassium your heart rate can go too high. Also, if your thyroid gland is over active it may result in various conditions with elevated heart rate being one of them. You should give yourself enough rest and take some multivitamin and multimineral formula. Beside that you have to check with your cardiologist.