How much time you’ve been asked: Why do you run? People ask me that all the time and say it’s one of the most boring sports ever, because it’s very exhausting and they think there’s no concept in it. I don’t understand how they can’t see that it’s a very dynamic activity which occupies both your body and mind. It’s excellent when you’re tense and stressed. What do you think?

I have no idea how many time people have asked me this silly question. Running is one of the best activities for all purposes. Whatever you’re training, running is a mandatory exercise to warm up your muscles. I always say it makes me feel great. I know people who are 60 or 70 and they’re still very fit all thanks to running regularly. I know that there are researches whose results show that running is not healthy, but it changes day after day and I don’t believe everything I read. The only important thing is to be moderate and not exhaust yourself. Listen to your body and if you see that your heart rate becomes too high, you should stop. If you notice irregularities in heart rate while you’re running, have a medical check up and see why that is so. My point it, that if you run carefully and gradually increase training intensity, you can only benefit from it.