What was your maximum heart rate ever? Is it dangerous when your heart rate is above 100bpm? I’ve noticed that my heart starts beating very fast during any physical activity, especially running. I feel dizzy and feel as if I’m going to faint. Tell me how to determine whether my heart rate is appropriate for the activity I’m practicing. Am I exaggerating?

Well, you don’t have to worry but it’s always safe to test your health. I remember having maximum heart rate of 170bpm. I was training for a sprint and it was quite exhausting. Now, you can determine your maximum heart rate if you subtract your age from 220. Maximum heart rate is the number of beats per minute while you’re in so-called red line zone. This is possible only if you’re very fit and this mode of exercising can’t last more than a few minutes. In this zone number of beats per minute can be between 180 and 192. As for your problem, you should buy heart rate monitor and it’ll help you determine your exercising zone and keep your heart rate under control.

Most recently, I have had my heart rate up to 189/minute. I was running on the treadmill and took my pace down under 6 minute/mile pace for about the last half mile. There is no way I could have kept that up for much longer.

When I've watched mine, I don't think my max has ever gone above 171. I would recommend getting a heart rate monitor.

In years past I could get my heart rate above 200, but if would drop quickly as I eased up. More recently, I don't think it has gotten much above 180.

My highest heart rate was in the mid 220s. I was in high school at the time. I was just starting to get back into shape for track after taking the winter off from running. I ran XC too. I went all out in a mile run. I ran just over a 6 min mile. If I was not in such good shape I would have been dead.

I also had an undiagnosed heart condition that remained undiagnosed for another year. I collapsed on the track the next year. My heart was probably in the same range but I was just coming off a navicular/tarsal injury and mono. My body couldn't deal with it. I was set to run a sub 2 half mile that season too. I had consistent sub minute quarters during XC.