Is my heart rate too low? When I’m exercising it reaches only about 100 beats per minute and since I know that many people have problems during any kind of physical activity because their heart is beating a way above 100 per minute, I’m concerned about my health. Why is my heart beating so slowly? Is it good? I’m a bit scared I must say.

Oh, don’t be! It’s so individual. What may be normal to you might be to slow for somebody else, but if your heart rate is generally a bit slower even when you’re resting, that only means that your heart beats a little slower and nothing else. In fact, I think that it’s even healthier for hear to beat slowly. Especially for athletes that can be an excellent predisposition, because I think that Lance Armstrong has a very slow heart rate and that it’s good because that way heart is less damaged during strenuous training and you’re less tired, so that your performance can be better. If you’re very concerned you may talk about that with a cardiologist.