I have a problem in the insects!!!

I usuallyran late in the afternoon and it's the time when all animals comes out!I ran near the river and there you can find so many insects that you have to breathe through nose (or you have mouths full of little bees and youre teeths are almovst black-because you have so many bees on it!) :)
I know that citys in ZDA are big and some of you have to drive a hours to the nearest forest, but has anyone got the same problems?????

Would it help to put bug spray on your hat or top, and then apply some to your face?
We also have that problem here in Ohio at certain times, where you can run through clouds of insects.
You could always tie a bandana around your neck and raise it around your mouth as needed.

I have that problem if I run around the lake at certain times. Altering your times by an hour or two may make a big difference in the amount of bugs. If it's bad enough, go with the bandana or change routes.

We have them here at times too. My mouth is always open so I get a few down the hatch now and then. The other day I had 1 fly right up my nose! 8O I'm not sure if bug spray would help but may be worth a shot for you. :shrug:

when i was in the military we used to use a Panama hat. for some reason they bugs did not like to descned lower than the brim of the hat. unfortunately it needed a full brim and not just a bill from a softball cap.

second option might be a bug screen hat? if you don't mind looking a bit geeky. but you wont need to floss after your run at least.

Luckily no bugs on my runs currently. Everyone has provided good ideas such as shifting run times, or altering your course. You could even hit the dreadmill if it got really bad.