This morning when I was out riding, I saw I fox dart across the street when the fox spotted me. He was definitely lost, our area is very heavily populated. I was wondering where he came from.

What other strange animals have you seen while you were out and about?

I've seen beavers, pelicans, rabbits, turtles (cute little baby ones), foxes and squirrels.

When I'm running..I've seen a group of deer including a few males with antlers, raccoons, coyotes, a dead skunk (roadkill), rats, voles, rabbits, squirrels, a dead mole, garter snakes, a toad, salmon leaping about in the river, lots of insects, and many different types of birds that I won't even mention (too many to list)...

Deer and Turkeys.

Cappy we have a fox that lives down here in Milwaukee, a very populated area. Coyotes as well every now and again.

I see deer all the time in and around my neigborhood. My house is close to the Chattahoochee River and a small stream that feeds into this river runs behind the houses across the street from me. Deer follow this creek line and come up into our lawns during the late evening/early morning hours all the time. I've suprised several deer in my front yard or driveway many times as I conclude outdoor runs. It is really kinda of cool.

Squirrels. The young ones still haven't learned to avoid people. Many times this summer I've had a squirrel just sit on the road right in front of me. They don't move unless you plant your foot right next to them.

Deer, racoons, speed-walkers, skunks, and snakes just to mention a few.

I run by a cow pasture. I like to moo at them when they are by the fence.

On a training run with the club I belong to, I went past two deer. They never moved - I was close enough to feel one exhale on the back of my neck.

At my second race, in Madison, a deer went through the crowd before the race started.

Black bears a few times.. :umno:

A family of Great Blue Herrins was probably the coolest thing I've seen.

today i saw a most lovely sight in a neighborhood front yard. two large deer, one with antlers, one without, gracing the front yard of the house, still as statues cuz they were. :umno: :umno: :umno: not only were they life-sized statues, they were full of freekin' holes, right around where i'd imagine the heart to be.....arrowed!!!!!!!!!!! so lifelike. :|

Bats, armadillos (all dead), cockroaches who can run as fast as me (which isn't saying much), bullfrogs, turtles, possums, snakes (so far all dead), geckos (not pushing insurance) and once at my parents house in the middle of a developed suburb, a cow.

fox, deer, eagle, hawks, skunks, possums, coons, moose, dolphins, and chipmunks.

A couple of weeks ago, saw a fox. In the Bronx.

Some years back, I saw a giraffe during a run, but that was in Central Park but you see weird stuff there all the time. :D One night I saw the Snuffelufugus from Sesame Street.