I've been having a problem with sweat in my eyes, especially this morning. A little drop at the corner of the eye I can handle. What I can't handle is when my eyes just get flooded with sweat and burn so much I can't keep them open. I seriously ran half a mile this morning with my eyes squinched shut, forcing an eye open every now and then to make sure I wasn't in traffic. I don't run with a shirt, so I had nothing to wipe my eyes with. Do you guys have this problem too? Should I just suck it up and carry a rag or what?

I always start out my runs with a shirt on. If I take it off, most of the time I'll carry it with me so I can wipe my eyes as necessary.

I have one word for you... Bandana It might feel dorky wearing it the first few times, but let me tell you, after a few long runs without having to wipe my eyes with my shirt, I was a believer. If you aren't wearing a shirt, you need to go this way. I suppose a sweatband would do too.

I agree with the sweatbands - that's what they're made for - and they are making a comeback ..........so be the first on your block to sport a sweatband

Quit shaving your eyebrows!!

Seriously though, a cap will do the same trick as a bandana or headband...gives the moisture off the noggin a place to soak into.

I was thinking about going the bandana route. I've never been a fan of hats... and sweatbands... erm... :umno:

Yes!
We can possibly start our own "clique" to go up against the dreaded mafia and posse.
The bandanas...:shrug:

You need long red hair if you're gonna do the bandana thing....

your friend,

Axl Rose

MechE,
Since I run here in sunny Florida I had the same problem. I finally got smart and got a running hat. It not only keeps the sweat off my eyes but keeps my head(i keep my hair at near crew-cut length) protected from the sun.

:1: Except for that crew-cut look.

Running hats often include a "hidden" terry cloth headband. That way you keep the sweat off your face and maintain your street cred. I'm all for the bandana running club. Let me know if it develops further. I would like for my double top secret bandana running club nickname to be Ontario Bandanas.

:1: On those shirtless runs I usually tuck my shirt in my shorts and use it as a towel if necessary. I would also suggest sweat bands and bandanas although I'm not a big fan of those either.