So my new running routes are extremely hilly. My legs hate me. I suppose I will eventually adapt but what could I do to get better at those hills?
The obvious choice is hill repeats. Should I do them after every run? Once a week? How many times should I run up the same hill?

I'd just run the hilly routes a lot. I don't think doing hill repeats will get you adapted much more quickly. But if you're doing the hill repeats for speed... I don't know about how many. I haven't seen a hill.

Try running the hills faster--it goes by quicker!

Just keep running the hills. Not every day, if you can avoid some of them.
I've changed a running route which incorporates a new hill. On the way to this bigger hill is a smaller hill which used to have me huffing and wheezing as I ran up it. I realized, last night, that I was already at the top of the smaller hill and had barely noticed it.
It's so hilly where I live that hill repeats just means the next one 1/2 mile down the road on the route.

try walking up one, backwards. feel that burn akey.

embrace the hills, they are alive with the sound of PRs.

I disagree. The more hills, the merrier! Every one of my routes is half hills. Some pretty sizable ones, too. LOVE them. I actually seek them out.

Vary your courses Achey. Include hills a couple of days a week and on days you feel exceptionally strong hit 'em hard. There's no need to run hill repeats or run them daily.

i agree with rob here. i like to do a real hill workout just once a week--even if i have to use the dreadmill hill course. with me, the chance of injury is just too great if i hit hills more than once a week. not to mention my own personal burnout level. :umno:

I know hills are important to incorporate. This is where I'm at a total loss with my training and it hurts me in the long run. :|

what's a hill? :|

There's a Frank Shorter quote that goes, "Hills are speedwork in disguise." That being said, simply running a 'hilly' route probably doesn't qualify as speedwork. But when you do as Rob says "hit 'em hard", then you enter the realm of what is called "hill work". On the days you are going for what I call, quality runs, then take the hills such that you maintain the same velocity as on the flats. As you're cresting the hill try to even pick up the pace some to get used to rolling over the top at a good clip. In races, hilltops are a good strategic place to have something left in your backpocket energywise ...for the chance to pluck off granny-shuffles.

Since my area is pretty much pancake flat I would have to get used to it again. But if your area has the hills take advantage of them several times a week it will make you stronger.