Good day everyone. I hope that you are doing fine. I am, I need to tell you. I am really happy. And you want to know why? Well, I finally won a beautiful trip for two to Dubai. I am planning to travel there with my wife and I can’t wait. I am extremely happy. The problem is that my wife has angina and we want to get travel insurance for her. We live in Dallas. Can you tell me how to get travel insurance if you have heart issues? Is this some complicated procedure or not? Thank you very much!

Hi Jack,

Well, I believe that travel insurance is something you absolutely need on the road. You never know what could happen, and most health plans don’t cover you overseas.

When looking for a plan, first make sure they have a high coverage limit on your medical expenses. A good company will provide up to $100,000 in coverage care, though more expensive policies will cover you for higher amounts. 

I know of four travel agencies which offer their own plans, but most people recommend Medjet and IMG. You need to check if the travel agency that is sending you to Dubai is offering their own travel insurance.

I agree that a travel insurance is a must have thing wherever you are planning to go to. Travel insurance is much than just medical protection. It covers you when your camera breaks, your flight is canceled, a family member dies and you have to come home, lose a bag, or something is stolen. It’s all-purpose emergency coverage.

The best part is that it doesn't cost a lot at all, maybe about 4 dollars a day for being away. Now, since your wife has a heart problem, you are less likely to be given travel insurance but you can always give it a try.

Hello everybody,

You need to understand, Jack, that all of these companies are into this kind of business in order to make money, not to lose it. They offer a big amount of money in coverage care, so they won't easily give you a travel insurance. Actually, there are sometimes a number of tests that need to be done so you can take the documents you received to them in order for them to know for sure that you aren't sick or anything. I honestly doubt that anyone is going to give your wife a travel insurance since she has heart issues.

Hi everyone,

I'll agree with Adria that it is extremely hard for anyone with a heart condition to get a travel or life insurance. A lot of people give up eventually from searching for an agency that would give a travel insurance to a person with heart problems, but there are some which are likely to give you travel insurance even if you have heart issues. 

I can recommend the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA), they may be able to help if you can't get a travel insurance for your wife because of her condition. Just find a way to contact them, search online.

Good day everyone. Lately, I am reading a lot about this and I am a little bit confused because I don’t know what I would choose in your case. I don’t know what I would choose for me at all. For example, my sister lives in UK and she told me that Free Spirit is the best insurance and that can cover the medical condition and history, including heart conditions. She told me that getting travel insurance is very easy – you just need to apply for this on the internet and they will soon call you.

It seems too good to be true, but who knows.

Hey. This is a good option for everyone, especially for people who are dealing with heart issues. Well, there are a variety of different heart conditions and some are more serious than others. Heart conditions are really serious and you need to get insurance for you if you have problem with it and you are planning to hit the road. Many travel insurance providers will consider most heart conditions and they will recommend you to get insurance.

But first, you need to understand the policy of insurance. You should ask your doctor what he should recommend you for this.

I am sure that you are going to find the right insurance for you.

Hello everyone.

Jack Daniels, that is good question. But it is not that hard to get this insurance anymore. It was hard a couple of years ago when almost no one didn’t know what this is exactly and how good it is. Today, it is totally different story.

I know that my friend also did this online after he consulted his doctor. He just sent them all papers so he can prove that he has heart issues. I believe that everything was done in less than a week.

All you need to do is to apply for insurance and I am sure that you will get it very soon. Good luck.

Good day guys.

Is this travel insurance so good or what? When I am reading all those posts I am thinking to get one for myself, even if I don’t travel a lot.

I was reading about this and I have heard that I can get holiday travel insurance as well which seems really good for me.

This is really good because if you are unable to return home on your expected da because you are in the hospital, or you are sick, it doesn’t matter, they will cover this as well.

I asked my friend about this and he told me that I just need to apply for it.