Thats what it does to me also. I am not hungry, get hyper, and I lose weight

I agree, try to help people, instead of saying talk to your doctor, they are here because they are asking for advice, experiences with the drug, so if you can't answer the question, then just don't reply.

Yes, I'd be interested in how your doing on the Gabapentin. I also take it, I take 300 mg, 3-4 times a day. I also, have lost weight. My weight stays stable. I am not hungry hardly at all. I have to make myself eat. It doesn't make me gain weight, just the opposite. It also helps my depression, attitude, moods, negativity, anxiety. It also gives me more energy, motivation. I am more active on it. So please keep us updated on your progress, I enjoyed reading your post.

Yes, keep us posted on your progress on Gabapentin, I also am on it, and don't gain weight. It gives me energy and motivation. I couldn't be happier with this med.

I have been on gabapentin for about 6 months and have gained about 30lbs. I am very frustrated with this massive weight gain. Need advice on what to do.

I agree! I take 300mg Gabapentin 3 times a day and eat less and have lost weight. The pain has subsided also.

WOW...I'm on day 2 of this med...don't want to gain any weight/would like to lose....hope this happens for me!

Happy to read there is hope for me...I'm only on day 2 of this med and don't want to gain any weight but actually would like to lose a lil......will see how it goes...can anyone say about how much time on med to know when I will see a difference as far as weight...

I have been on gabapentin for a year now. They have just upped it from 1800 to 2400. All I have noticed over time is the weight gain and I cut back on my food intake drastically. However without it the nerve pain is unbearable. I have a missing disc in my back that is going to be a second back surgery in one year.

... same here, my friend! .. I've gradually put on +30lbs which I would have NEVER allowed myself! but I've been watching my diet/nutrition, whey protein, creating, intensive cardio + cable resistance weight training, aquatherapy --- pushing myself a much as I possibly can with all my spinal disease & damage. I finally tipped the scales at 200 for the first time ever (5ft10in, medium frame, otherwise athletic body from year of faithful gym- more ideal weight would be 175.) It's making me miserable... but need the pain relief! Wish you the best ... I'll try passing info on, if / when I find anything which might help!

typo: "creating" should read "Creatine" - sorry ...

I agree with your post and also like it .Your post help many people.I also take it .It also gives me more energy and motivation.

That's been my experience as well!

My doc says there is no outher drug that will help me with the nerver damage but this drug.i can't take leraca..the weight gain is awful.im on a high dose of gabapentin 3200mg a day.tryed shots in my spin with no relief.if there is any outher thing i can try please tell me.

I've been taking 100mg of Gapapentin 3 times a day for almost a month. It was prescribed for Neuropathy. I've already lost 6 pounds and my appetite is next to nothing. I could go all day without eating if I didn't know better. I'm a 42 year old female that works full time as a Social Worker, I still have young children at home and 2 young grandsons. This medicine has given me a huge increase in energy. I have my 2nd appointment with my neurologist next week in which she intends to increase my dose. I've taken several anti-depressants over the years in which all has caused at least a 10lb weight gain. The Gapapentin seems to be helping with my Depression and Anxiety as well. Overall, I am very pleased with the medication.