A new study has showed that humans can recognize if two persons are related to each other by just looking at their faces. And this is also possible if they are generations apart. The tests were conducted on 59 subjects and they were asked just to look at the photos of people and tell are they related or not. The results have showed that people were able to recognize the relation even at the distant relations, like grandparents and grandchildren . The interesting thing is that similarities in peoples' faces come form genetic makeup and from environmental factors witch are common for people that live together.

You don't happen to have a link to this study, do you? I think it's interesting but I am never told that I look like any members of my family and they swear up and down that I was not adopted! I don't know why people seem to think that we don't look anything alike. I see the similarities but I guess not everyone else does. Anyway, if you have that study, I'd love to see it!

I'm sorry but I don't have it, I've read it on some medical site.
I have an interesting experience, my cousin was visiting Netherlands, and she took a picture of this guy that looked almost like me. I was amazed of the similarity.
Well many people that knows my family say that I have more from my mother then father. But interesting thing is that I have the same shape of my fingers as my grandmother. It is interesting how you don't only inherit from your parents but from grandparents as well.