Hi, I have been weight training for five months. I am happy with the way I'm developing. Some guys from the gym are talking about cross training to achieve better results. Why do they think that cross training is better then just weight lifting? I am also wondering what type of training is the best combined with weight lifting.

Hi, cross training really does give better results then just weight lifting. When you train only one type of sport the risk of getting injured is increased. The reason for this is the fact that you are only focusing on one type of movement when you only weight lift. If you are trying to get fit and not only build up muscles, you can combine weight training with swimming, jogging or cycling. This way you adjust your muscles to different movements. Cross training is also a great way to break the routine and avoid getting bored with the workout.