Hi, recently I`ve read something about orthomolecular nutrition and it sounds pretty logic to me. I mean, all of us are unique individuals and we all eal different foods. Each of us has a different body shape and different stresses. Only, we all need vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other natural substances. But I agree with the following – the relative amount of »right molecules« (orthomolecular means right molecules) is important for every individual and when the balance is disturbed we got sick. What about traditional medicine? Are orthomolecular nutritionists so different from ordinary doctors? Anybody on that subject?

Yeah, read a LOT about it and have to say that orthomolecular differs from traditional medicine. Traditional medicine goes from the point that a disease originate from a single cause and can be solved by treatment(s). But, according to orthomolecular nutritionist diseases result from disturbed balances in our bodies, caused by deficiencies or excesses ot the natural substances we all need to grow and replace tissue. So, the main task of orthomolecular nutritionists is to bring these substances back into balance. But, dispate all, traditional and orthomolecular medicine are not opposite to each other, meaning they can be practices simultaneously.