Good day everyone. I had a huge fight with my doctor a few days ago. I was fighting with him about my wife. I think that I do know my wife very well and I know her body very good. I know how she reacts on certain medications. She was taking Cordarone almost 7 years ago and it was not that good for her so she quit. Now she had mitral valve repair and this new doctor wants her to take Cordarone again. I am skeptical because I am sure that I was reading somewhere that it is not safe.

Is it? 

Hey there.

It depends on the surgery. But I believe that every open heart surgery has some potential risk of some certain medicine. So Cordarone is pretty much safe medication (I was using it), but after a while it just can’t stop to work for you. That is why my doctor changed the therapy for me. I remember that one of my friends told me that cordarone can have a bad impact for someone who has bypass but I am not sure.

You should not fight with your doctor because I am sure that he knows what he is saying…

Hello everyone.

Yes, it is safe. My good friend was using cordarone after mitral valve repair and nothing helped him as the way this medicine did.

Of course like with every drug he had some side – effects but nothing that serious. As usual, he had headaches and some dizziness.

He went to see his doctor because of it, but it was everything OK. He waited for couple of days and after this it just disappeared.

I think that you don’t have any reason to be afraid. In this case I believe that cordarone after mitral valve repair is an amazing option.

Hi everyone. My name is Amanda and I am 38 years old. When I was 13 I found out that I am having some heart issues. Since that day I started to take some pills and I still believe that this was the bed option. But now there is nothing that I can do about it. Well, when I was 32 years old I had mitral valve repair as well. The recovery was pretty hard and I was not feeling OK during the recovery. Doctor prescribed cordarone to me and I can tell that side - effects never went away. I just want to tell you that maybe it is safe but for someone cordarone is good, and for others it is not.