I would like to ask what your view is regarding the minimum period of time a patient should have in hospital to recover from brain surgery. I have read that this is subject to the type of procedure and technic involved also the general health of the patient, but I would like to know if there is a minimum regardless of these things. For instance if the person is in good health and the surgery is straight forward and post op' they are well with no obvious side effects.

That's a tough question to answer because it's a very subjective issue. It depends fully on the type of brain surgery that the patient is undergoing. What kind of surgery is it? Without knowing that, I would say that the best guess I have is a week would be reasonable hospital care. Beyond that, you would probably recover at home for a couple more weeks. But this is wild speculation. Please let us know what kind of surgery it is, because different types are more invasive than others. Thanks!