I've been depressed for over 5 yrs since my heart attack & now in 3 wks I'm getting my aortic valve replaced after having a heart murmur for 54 yrs.

your lucky you didn't pull anything since you were not following your lifting restraignts. You were not even suppose to drive untill after 4 wks...bad advice to give open heart patients..iv seen people come back in because they pulled, or tore something in their chest being stupid like yourself..and .what they found was themselfs back on the table

Hi, I got mitral valve replacement with an artificial valve on September 19,2016. I am 42 yrs old and I am recovering very well. The downside I had was that I had to be in the hospital for full 10 days as I had low bp and also to stabilize my inr levels. But I started to recover during my hospital stay, I could walk 5 min for three times a day. After coming home my recovery took leaps. Today after a month I am just on single Tylenol a day and can engage in my duly activities but not for lengthy time. Getting sleep was one trouble I faced and with exercise my body got tired and so helped me sleep. I have pain in the sternum but it is bearable. Doctors gave higher dosage of pain meds but I had weird dreams when I took them and so I took other pain meds but more frequently. With todays advance technology your dad will be able to recover faster. There should be will power from the patient to get up and become normal. Fight the pain and it will help the body regain faster.

Dear friend,
I just had a triple bipass open heart surgery. I under went serious complications during the operation. Had 3 surgeries in one day almost cost me my life. I recovered quickly however. Was put asleep 5 days after the surgeries. I was released from the hospital 3 days after being waken from my slumber. Recovery rate was swift decicated to get back on my feet. Depression was low as I kept my mind in check to healing. Mind the scars to tell the tale of my surgury looking at me daily.

Pain is the only virtue of reality to exist. I am 6 week recovering now. Breast bone is my pain. Sleeping is limited to how you sleep at night. Sleeping postures will be limited as sleeping on your back is the best posture. Back pain especally shoulder blades will put pressure on the brest bone. You will be tossing and turning to find a comfortable posture. You can feel the brest bone moving at times doing this. 12 weeks is what they say to full recovery. Could be more depending how active you are..