Hello. My brother was recently administrated to the clinic because of renal failure. I think he had some diarrhea and vomiting. It was probably some intestinal infection. I wonder whether intravenous fluids will improve his renal function. I would like to thank you in advance for all your help. It means a lot to me.

Hello. Your brother has probably lost a lot of fluids because severe diarrhea and vomiting. Dehydration is a common cause of preranal failure. One of the treatmant options is intravenous fluids. This is very important for recovering the blood volume which is lost. Kidneys start malfunctioning when decreased amount of blood reaches them. Intravenous fluids will fix this.Talk to your brother's doctor for more details. I hope he will feel better. Good luck!

Hello there wilek,

Since regen has already gave you an info about your question I believe that you don’t need any further information and if you wanted to find out more about this problem and the way it is resolved I presume that you have asked your brother’s doctor.

I hope that your brother feels better and that you have resolved all the problems and symptoms related to his condition. Renal failure can be very dangerous and it is very important that you have reacted timely. Keep us posted about his condition and if you have any further information about therapy with intravenous fluids. Good luck with everything.