Hi, I am 32 years old female and I am suffering from anxiety for several months already. I know all that problems come from my head but I am not able to control panic attacks when it appears. I may feel absolutely fine and in the moment I feel that I cant breath and my heart starts to beat so strong. I would like to know how long it takes to recover from anxiety.

Hi, I also had similar problem several months ago and it was caused with my labor. After I born my baby I started to feel similar symptoms and it lasted for six months. During that time I was looking for the way to relax my self and to find something which will occupy my mind. It depends on you and your will how long it would take to recover from anxiety.

Celebrity
If you learn to change the way you think about your anxiety and panic using TEA forms and other CBT exercises you can turn your life around and get a handle on anxiety in a reasonably short period of time. If you really dedicate yourself to countering your thoughts in a TEA form daily they say you can gain the upper hand on it in 12-16 weeks. It has changed my life but it took me a little longer than that but still well worth the effort imo.

hi, i am 32 years old male, my anxiety is attacking me since november of last year 2010, every single day from then is hard, it started to affect my work any advice!? 

Celebrity
Hi Guest,

Read the article I wrote for steadyhealth on my experience with CBT and the TEA forms on this link
https://www.steadyhealth.com/Comments_and_reviews_on_article__Cognitive_Behavioral_Therapy__Best_non_med_treatment_for_anxiety_an_t212433.html

Celebrity
Guest,
Just click here for an easier link to that article :-D

Hi

I'm recovering from anxiety. I got to the point where I felt I was going to have to go to hospital. It was very scary.  I've always been a very capable person so it was very hard to deal with. CBT (cognitive based therapy) is VERY helpful. It will help you understand your symptoms and how they all play a part in keeping you unwell. You'll cope a lot better once you understand whats happening. If you are at the stage where you are having very bad anxiety then you should proabably consider some form of medication. This helped me enormously in the beginning. It settled me down enough to be able to focus on the CBT training I needed to do. I'm guessing I was very fortunate to be pointed in the direction of

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

by my psycologist. I have to admit that the psycologist was actually of very little help face to face. This online course was amazing. The medication doesn't need to be a life long thing. My doctor said that it will give a big benefit initially, which it has for me. I've come a LONG way in the last 8 weeks. The CBT was a big part of this. It will really help you get your mind under control.

Good Luck, Damo.

Celebrity
Great news Damo. I don't know what would have become of my life without CBT! I hope this finds you well :)

I have had depressio n for 5 months now and it has Changed my life.i have not been able to Work yet.