hi im 20 years old and have just started university this september, i was suffering from depression before i got here, and thought that i would be better off when i got to uni as i would meet lots of friends and have a good time. however this has not been the case, ive ended up in a flat full of complete children! Since being at university my depression has got worse, and i cannot go to sleep without having horrific nightmares, which i had when i was living at home but not as much as now,and im having trouble sleeping, im upset all the time and have been arguing with my boyfriend because ive become bitter and nasty because im so fed up all the time of things being rubbish.
I have not registered with a doctor here in birmingham, im still registered with my one in leicester and if i register here i wont be able to see the one in leicester anymore. I dont know what to do because i dont want to go on like but i dont have anyone to go to or to talk to.
what do i do?

Celebrity
Have you tried cbt? It has changed my life dramatically more than I ever thought anything could. I highly recommend cbt for panic, anxiety and depression. If you can't afford a cbt group pick up a copy of Been there, done that? Do this! By sam obitz (tao3.com) and start doing the tea form exercise in it. This is one of the two books we used in my group. Take care and know you can get better if you learn to think more objectively about your self through the cbt exercises and your self esteem will return. The more you work on the exercises the more relief you get, I am still improving today. You may also want to see if your university has a cbt program because if they do you can probably see someone who specializes in cbt free of charge. Hang in there and let me know how you are doing.

If you can get CBT for free at your school... DO IT! it will change your life forever. The TEA forms are awesome and the book by Obitz is short and sweet. I don't know where I would be without CBT and my TEA forms :-D