Is it possible that state of mind might affect the body's health? Is my IBS related to my anxiety? I have been trying to overcome my anxieties for 3 months now but without much effect. And couple of weeks ago, I have started having stomach problems. And I just know those are caused by my anxieties and that is making me even more desperate and nervous.

If that is the case, then you should know that you will not be able to remove the stomach/intestines problem unless you deal with anxieties first. I mean, you could use medicaments to subdue the IBS symptoms, but that will not remove the true cause – fears. And of course, there is always possibility that you are suffering from something else, but that has to be checked by a medical examination.

Celebrity
elane is right. Many people treated for Anxiety had IBS before they got treated for anxiety and their IBS vanished with their anxiety. Always good to get checked and rule a physical cause out but chances are underlying anxiety is the problem with your IBS. I highly recommend cbt for panic, anxiety and depression. The TEA form exercise is amazing at eliminating the thoughts that cause anxiety. The more you work on the TEA exercise the more relief you get, I am still improving today.