Hi, I am 36 years old and I am suffering from anxiety for long period of time. Two years ago my father died, and it was great shock for me. After that I have started to experience strange symptoms like breath shortening, irregular heart beats and sudden attacks of panic. My doctor told me it would pass with time but I am still feeling the same two years later. Did anyone recovered from anxiety?

Hi, I was also suffering from anxiety for more than a year. I felt so desperate and scared that I almost stopped to go out and most of the time I have spent in my house. One day I told my self that I will overcome fear and wont let it ruin my life. In the beginning it was very hard and I have crisis when I thought that I cant make but I did it. I have recovered and you will have to do the same.

Celebrity
It may pass for a period of time but it will probably come back if you have not treated it and learned new coping skills. I don't know where I would be had I not learned Cbt. It has changed my life dramatically more than I ever thought anything could. I highly recommend cbt for panic, anxiety and depression. If you can't afford a cbt group pick up a copy of Been there, done that? Do this! By sam obitz (tao3.com) and start doing the tea form exercise in it. This is one of the two books we used in my group. Take care and know you can get better if you learn to think more objectively about your self through the cbt exercises. The more you work on the exercises the more relief you get, I am still improving to this day. Hang in there and let me know how you are doing.