i have ben on the depo now for about 3.5 years . i had my last injection about may june time this year. i never went back because me and my boyfriend want to start a family. i have read some bad stuff about the depo and now i am getting worried. how long do u think it will take me to concieve?? and is there anything i can do to to stop it from taking years?
please help.

thanks

I was on the depo for about 1 1/2 years and i came off it in October... It is now December and I'm still waiting for the Depo to be out of my system so I can get pregnant. I haven't even started my period yet. Now they say you can get pregnant after coming off depo but you have to catch the ovulation time just right or something like that. Now I also heard it is possible to never get your period back, and there is a pill you can to get your period back or to make your cycle more normal, because apparently after coming off depo many women have abnormal periods. They have more swelling of the breasts, 2 periods a month and worse cramps then b4. Now I got pregnant after coming off depo during the last week of november but it only lasted for a week becuz i had a miscarrage...Now at this point My Fiance and I are still trying to conceive...almost everyday we try but we are finding it really difficult. Hopefully we will conceive our little miracle around Christmas...

After being on Depo for 1 1/2 and trying to get pregnant....I started my period 3 days ago..and I heard after getting ur period back you will get pregnant after you period becomes normal again...hopefully..