i had an abortion two weeks ago and i started the pill the sunday after. i have been on them for 11 days and i had unprotected sex. can i get pregnant?

:-) :-)

they say u can ovulate 2 weeks after an abortion so yes if u were not on the pill u could get pregnant but ur on it so u r safe. xx

Yes, the same thing has happened to me. I had an abortion and started my pills and i got pregnant 2 months later.

Hello twinkle toes,

the general rule is that you can't get pregnant for about two weeks after the abortion, like the poster before me said, This is why you were put on the pill immediately after the abortion - so that it can become effective as soon after these two weeks is possible. But, the thing is, most birth control pills usually need about two weeks to become effective in successfully preventing pregnancy.

Not that there are not some newer birth control pills that are effective bit sooner, but still, I would recommend you to go on the safe side and take another pregnancy test, two weeks after the unprotected sex. You probably are not pregnant, but still, just to be on the safe side.