how long is it that u can get pregnant after having an abortion

HI there!

AFTER an abortion you fertility returns QUICKLY! So you can become pregnant within 2 weeks after an abortion, although other women could take 4 weeks.It is individual, but fertility returns quickly.

IF you have any questions feel free to PM ME too. I work in an abortion clinic and have had an abortion, so I am non judgemental.

I recently had an abortion 1/5 and regret it each as the tears and grief always seem to find me. I know its not right and if I could go back in time and reverse my choice I would. Right now my fiance and I are trying again. I know many would screaming and insulting me for making this decision then trying again but I really want to.
We did try to wait the 2 weeks but had sex 10 days after. My check up with my OBand Gyn is this thurs. Since I didn't wait are there huge potentional for infection? As for the procedure it went suprisingly well. I bled for about 2-3 days then it stoped, it resumed a few days later in the passing of clot but since then has not returned, the cramping subsided shortly after the clot.

The infection risk after one week is very low, especially after a first trimester abortion.

I am sorry you had regrets, and I do hope that you can find peace =)

There is nothing wrong with having children that you can afford, and that you feel ready for!

People may say some ugly things about YOUR choice, but there is nothing wrong with what you are doing!

Many docs will say wait 2 months after a d&c before you TTC because miscarriage risk is slightly higher, so that would be a concern.

DO what is right for YOU, and try not to let judgemental people rule YOUR life.

thank you carifairy for kind and unjudgemental reply, it doesn't happen often.
So far for any update I finally got what I guess could be considered as my first AF since the D&C. I thought I had an AF 29 days after but it was very light, only last 2 days. My doctor said that could be considered a cycle but I could also get another one in another week or so. I took OpK and got what I believe to be a positive exactly two weeks after my 'light supposed 2 day cycle' but here i am only a week after that with what is a normal AF for me so I think I'm going to go with this being my first cycle.

Right now I'm trying to keep optimistic and always praying that since I got a pos. opk that I'll get another one after AF is over and if I time it just right I'll be pregnant again. My fiance has been great and tremendous support through all of this, I don't give him enough thanks.
So March will mark my two months and post first cycle, I just hope my chances are good.

but i was reading a book and it saod 24 weeks

You are misunderstanding something here.

You can have an abortion UNTIL you are 24-26 weeks pregnant..

BUT you can get pregnant 2 weeks AFTER you have the abortion.

I had an abortion about 2 months ago and just started taking the pill...but it has come time to start my period but I have gone through all of the brown pills when I should have been on my period, but have not started...what do you think??
thank you
Jennifer in salem OR

Hi There

Is it possible to get Pregnat after i had an abortion year 2005. The Past month i have been truying to see wether i can get pragnat but not.

Thanks

Hi Carifairy,

When I was 18 I had an abortion and before i knew it i was pregant for a second time i didnt even get my period and i had gotten pregnant my first abortion was thru some pills and during my second abortion they couldnt find anything in my uterus so they said it wud have been a mis carriage anyways!
and then i got pregnant again in 2007 but that had to result in an abortion as well!! i have gone thru alot and I hate the fact that i had to do it so many times. i have been in therapy to get over those times in my life!! but i was going thru a really bad time and thats why i had to go thru it! im pregnant again as we speak and im happy but things dont look good! my doctor wants to speak to me about the ultrasound results and when i was getting my ultrasound done the sonographer wudnt let me see anything and when i asked him if everything was fine he just told me to go see my doctor i am having dark brown spotting
am i going to miscarry???? i really dont want to i have been waiting to get oregnant and start a family and im scard that coz of my three abortions i will never be able to have a baby again!! please help!! does the amount of abortions you get affect you getting pregnant at all!

I had an abortion on October 4 and bled for about eight days. The clinic said that my period should start 4-6 weeks after the abortion, but it came on Oct 28. It was light and short. Exactly two weeks later my boyfriend and I had sex again. Lately my nipples have been very soar, I'm having very bad cramps and headaches like last time, but my period began again today. Is there still a possibility that I could be pregnant, because apparently from what I'm told your cervix is still open after 2 weeks from the abortion so you're "clean".

I had an abortion about 4days ago and on the 4th day I ended up having sex with my partner It just happened, does this mean i could have gotten pregnant so soon?

My girlfriend had a abortion by pill on 4/5 very difficult and painful, went for her follow up 2 weeks later was told she was not pregnant but still had some of the stuff, she was still bleeding slightly, we had sex on the 19th and our condom broke no ejaculation inside but she's feeling pregnant again, if she is pregnant is she ok, we will keep the baby if everything will be healthy. Her earlier abortion was due to being prescribed valum and we accidently got pregnent and its supposedly very bad for the embryo she has not taken any valum for over a month, I take it daily for anxiety, will a pregnancy test be accurate?

im 17 and i went into the hospital to have an abortion on 30/8/2010, i was in there for 7 hours but they sent me home because my cervis was still closed, when i got home i was sick and passed clot after clot, on the wednesday i had severe pain and couldnt stop screaming and shaking, then started gushing blood, i thought the embryo then but then on the friday night i passed something that didnt look like blood so i thought this was the embryo, i was jumping up and down before this so that might have helped, then when i went to the hospital to see if the womb was empty on 7/9/2010 the nurse said it was, printed the scan and sent it to the doctor, i had sex on the day after they said my womb was empty without a condom but when i went to the doctors on 16/9/2010 to get the implant, they done a pregnancy test just in case and it was positive, whats going on!

hello i had abortion back in 1992 and i had asked for givness and i want to be able to have a baby soon with the man i am going to get married to and i was wondering if i could get pregnant again i got on the pill and i stop taking the pill back in 1997 because i did not have the money to keep getting them . i wonder if all of that messes you up i hope and pray i can have a baby please email me back to let me know thanks ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use