My father is 74 years old and he was forced to switch from pills to injection. He has been fighting with diabetes for almost a decade, and it seems that his condition has worsened. He is also not that energetic as he was not more than a year ago. Well, I know he is old, but that does not mean I should not be concerned about his health. I know he can live for at least a decade more. Anyway, I wanted to know how to avoid diabetic ulcers?

Diabetic ulcers, especially in lower limbs happen often to people who suffer from this condition. There is no medication that will help in preventing those ulcers, only some actions that could be taken. Those are: feet inspection every day, feet has to be washed gently in lukewarm water, moisturize feet, do not trim corns or calluses, always inspect shoes. At the first sign of trouble, take him to a doctor.