Hello! I have met a guy and he has diabetes type 1. He is very nice and now we are planning to married. My mother told me that all diabetic type 1 men are sterile. To be honest, I have noticed that he sometimes has problems with erection. It is not important to me will we have children or not, just tell me if my mother is right. Thank you very much.

Hello! Claim that all diabetic type 1 men are sterile is not true at all. Some men with diabetes have impotence or erectile dysfunction. You should be very gentle with your fiancé because this is probably very difficult for him. There are many ways nowadays for treating erectile dysfunction. You should support him to ask doctor for advice.

Hello there,

I can understand your mother because she is worried that you are not going to have children and that she is not going to be a grandmother and they say that being a grandparent is the most beautiful feeling ever.

It is very sensitive matter and there is no easy way to find out an answer. You can try to ask your fiancé directly but be careful not to hurt his feelings but in my opinion he doesn’t know if he can or can’t have children. My doctor says you can never know until you try it. So this is your second option if you don’t want to ask him, just try because you are getting married anyway.