I am writing this for my mortified and embarassed husband. He is 37 years old and recently diagnosed with pruritus ani. He has blisters around the anal area and it's very tender and painful. The doctor gave him a steroid cream to use and after one use the condition was more severe. He has excruciating pain when passing bowel movements and it feels like sandpaper rubbing together when he walks. I have a yeast infection and he is being treated for that too with little improvement. He also has water filled blisters between the scrotum and anus that are drying up. I don't know how much longer he can deal with the pain. It seems that the ulcers are not healing even though the inflammation is getting better. Does anyone know about this? What could be causing this other than what we already know. He has an appointment in 2 weeks for the doctor. I don't know if he can last that long. They said to keep the area dry and that's almost impossible because he's putting the yeast infection cream and even when that dries up, there is weeping from the ulcers. We don't cheat on each other so it's an inhouse problem. His penis also feels tender and he has a red blotchyness on the head of it. Please help US!

Hi, I'm a 25 year old male suffering with similar symptoms as your husband. I see that you posted your message in July and I was wondering if you had been able to pin-point the cause. Yours is the first posting I've found that mentions the incredibly painful "ulcers." Thankfully those have subsided. Now I'm dealing with very uncomfortable itching and burning and even some bleeding. Anyhow, please let me know if you were able to figure anything out. I'm still too embarrassed to go to the Dr. about it.
Thanks

i suffered from exrteme itching and sores and bleeding hemroids for three years it was awfull.doctors wanted to cut on me.one nite i saw something on tv.dr. valaries show and it made me think of my symptoms.pinworms made sence.and i found them after i took over the counter meds from walgreens. i can ownly think that the worms irritated the area and wouldnt let the area heal.i used every cream none to man and female.some creams dry the area and made it worse the anus produces its own natural oil when clean it so much u can make things worse.pinworms were the underlying and foremost problem. once i got rid of them im finally getting back to normal,im trying to learn how to sleep at nite.i tried these sites for help but could not find anything but awfull answers i thought i had cancer,aids,stds,.i wanted to come back and help somone if i could good luck

Could you tell me the name of the medicine from Wallgreens PLEASE.

for all you with this type of problem use prepH regardless if you are having an issue to insure another relapse doesn't happen you are keeping that area clean and protected also when you get done using your wipes use some tp to dry it off so it doesn't stick to your drawers, I know it sounds funny, but it sure helps and if you keep having issues then by all means go to the doctor.