hey, im 17 and was wondering if any one knew some good ways to get rid of belly fat. im 5'9 1/2" 200lbs. im not really fat at all, but i do have a little on my belly that needs to go, i run, do sit-ups, curl-ups, and all the other exercises. it's been really payin off everywhere else but my belly is still lookin weird. i dont eat any more than i have before, i dont eat fattening foods. i exercise almost everday or every other day. it seems that in the past months, while ive been doing ab exercises, my stomach area looks bigger, not smaller, i keep growing out of my pant sizes. but it looks like fat when im not changing my diet or exercise routine.

does anyone have any suggestions?
thanks.

Try breakup the 3 regular meals into 5-7 small meals. Large meals will provide more calories than the body can burn, any left over calories will be stored as fat. Eat more lean proteins (skinless chicken, fish etc.), fresh veggies and low sugar fresh fruits. As for carbs, choose whole gain (brown bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta). Don't leave out fat in your diet, our bodies need it. Olive oil, flax seed oil, fish oil is great.
We can live without junk food, alcohol and any highly sugared drinks (fruit juice, soda pops) neither.
With regular exericing, and low calory diet (but no less than 1200 calories per day for an adult), you'll see your belly shrinking. I did (from a 38" waist to a 32"...2 more inches to go). Hang in there, good luck!

I'm no expert on weight loss...but i have many friends that are hardcore into fitness training, and when I had asked them such a question they all replied that it was not possible to directly target "belly fat". So i would assume all over fitness will help reduce "problem" areas throughout the body.

thanks for the tid bit info on cals websurfer!

are you pregnant??

Fitness is one of the important matter in maintain the body properly. The forum is really good and informative for every one to keep their body fit and good. Weight lifting is an exercise which makes the muscle strong and fit.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

emoclew...i no how you feel. I am on the same boat. Im 28 yrs of age, im 5'0 and weigh 113. For some odd reason, I have gained weight (5 pds). i exercise on a daily basis and eat healthy. no junk food and fast food. Im also a vegeterian, but I do eat fish. and no I do not comsume lots of starch and no im not pregnant. My legs and arms are looking good, but my stomach, uh I hate it. What Im doing now is changing my cardio work out and making it a little more intense.

I too faced this problem later my friend suggested a siteto get complete guidance and tips to reduce the belly fat. providing good tips and proper guidance to do the exercises and in nutritious food....
Now my problem solved. You can try them to reduce you fat.....