I am a cyclist with a climbing problem. Many of my friends say that I am a good cyclist. I can ride long distances at good speed. I won few races too. However I have a problem with steep terrain and climbing. I lose speed fast and get tired easily when riding inclines. What would you do in such situation?

To be honest, nobody can ride the bike at the same speed up hill as he can on flat ground. We all lose speed (up to the point) and get tired when riding on such terrain. However I think that you may have a problem with your basic leg power. First you should check with your doctor to see if everything is OK with your health. If so, then you should concentrate on developing more strength in your legs. Fast intervals are good. But you may consider lifting weights too. If you want to accumulate muscle mass and power in your legs, nothing beats lifting weights. You will be amazed with your new power and speed after 3-4 moths of weight lifting workouts.