What do you think is a good riding speed for a novice? I’m a bit frustrated since I think I’m riding too slowly. Namely, my speed is about 6 mph. D you think that I’m very lousy cyclist? I’ve recently started cycling and I’ve thought that I’ll be better and more efficient than I actually am. How to improve my speed and overall performance? Thanks in advance!

I just want to say that there’s no need for you to be under such a pressure about your riding speed. It’s not that important for you unless you plan to participate in Tour de France. Speed actually doesn’t matter and it’ll increase over the course of time. If you’re feeling ok during and after the training, don’t change anything. Don’t try to force yourself to ride faster because it won’t have good effects. Besides, speed varies depending on various factors. Sometimes you’re tired and you lack motivation, or you’re under some stress and thus your performance is not so good. But what’s most important is that you keep up with your training. And don’t expect that you’ll speed up in just a month’s time.