I would like to lose weight. I think that less weight will mean faster average speed. However I don’t want to lose strength while losing weight. Is there a way to accomplish both goals? My final goal is to become stronger and faster cyclist. Do you have any suggestions on losing weight not strength?

One small correction…you want to lose fat not weight. Muscles are much heavier than fat so if you want to lose weight, you can easily do it by losing some muscle. But I would strongly advise you against it. Any weight you lose should be fat. Remember that muscles are those which push you forward and make any movement. So losing them would mean losing strength which you also mentioned as something to avoid. Lifting weights and smart nutrition can enable you to get rid of extra pounds of fat while preserving maybe even increasing your muscle mass. Thus you will end up with the same or even less weight but much more power and strength. You will gain significant amount of speed.