Now that it is icky, sticky outside, I'm starting to blister on the tops
and sides of my big toes. This happened last summer, too. I wear the wright socks. I have also worn
different shoes. I still get blisters. Am I destined to blister and bear it? :(

Just say no to blisters!!!!!!!

I would say your shoes are not large enough and/or the toe box of the shoe is not wide enough. Try some other shoes, running and getting blister like that is not right!!

Do you have an abnormally large big toe???????? :eek2:

While I"m a total newbie, I would guess that your foot is sweating and causing chafe between it and the sock? What about a sprinkle of baby powder into your sock before you put it on?

Maybe you should try thicker socks. You may need to get a wider shoe.

All of that plus try blister pads. I used to get horrific blisters from my in-line skates (literally, like 2 inches across) until I

1) got men's skates (they are generally wider across the ball of the foot and also the toes)

and

2) used blister pads (Dr. Scholl's and Band-Aid amke them..they fit OVER the blister and keep it from getting worse or the can be used preventively (is that a word?) in a spot where you blister frequently. I think they are a good product, if that means anything.

Great suggestions. I would just add not to bear it. I bore it one humid summer here and ended up with a 3" circumference blister (that opened) on the bottom of my foot. I could hardly walk for almost a week. (sorry for the visual...) New shoes might be the answer but do what you can, blister pads, tape, vaseline, body glide, whatever. I've tried Wright socks and liked them pretty well but I got new shoes and switched to Thorlos (which I love) and have not had blisters since. Whatever you do, DO NOT get to the point I stupidly got to. It was absolutely miserable, much more than you can ever imagine a blister to be....

Are you increasing your miles? Whenever I do...or my training goes south and then gets back to normal...I get the most icky, sore blisters. 2nd Skin bandages may work...even with the bandages they still hurt but at least they're covered and you won't bleed on your shoes. :(

Hope your toes are feeling better soon.

Shelly

Sory to hear about you toes, Pokey! I'm going to agrtee with others here ans say that you may need more room in the toe box, but also think that a better sock, may help also.