Anyone have any special shoes that they wear for running in the snow/ice/salt? I hate to take my Gel Kayanos out in bad weather. Yes, I have an unhealthy relationship with my shoes.

It's not unhealthy... you're just not committed! You need a WINTER pair and a SUMMER pair.

Or, conversely, a GOOD WEATHER pair, and a STANK WEATHER pair.

:D

How 'bout getting a new pair of Gel Kayanos for nice weather running & use your old ones with these for snow/ice.

I actually find winter running is kinder to my shoes. Summer running and sweat running down my legs makes them saltier than a winter run on a salted road ever does. And the snow/slush doesn't grime them up nearly as bad as the dust/grit the rest of the year. But if you do find them a little gritty, take a snowball and it makes a good "scrubby".

I have a pair of Montrail Hurricane Ridge XCR. I love them. Keep my feet perfectly dry, and I could run up a wall with them. They have a great fit (for me). I wear them with a small pair of gaitors. They are made of goretex, so they are waterproof but breath very well. I highly recommend them.