Here's my problem with most shoes. The arch is located too far back. It feels like the peak of the arch support is hitting on the posterior upslope of the arch (^). Practically every shoe I try feels this way with the exception of the Kayanos and the 1100s are so-so. I tried about 10 different shoes today. Brooks, NB, Saucony, Mizuno... all the same thing. The Brooks Beast was almost tolerable. Do I just have really weird feet?

I did buy some shoes today though. NB M901BW.

I hope they work for you!

...I'm not sure that the insole is where the problem is.
Take the insoles out of any running shoe and basically, they're all the same in there... flat nothin'! Definitely, the insole is the ticket. I toss the flimsy 'sock liner' that comes with any kind of shoe. If you can find an insole that works (for me, it's the Sof Sole Arch Plus) and I can put those babies in any model of shoe and hoowah, they all feel the same. And in the end, that's the ticket for me and being able to buy a wide spectrum of shoes and not get pigeonholed into one model/brand. :twocents:

do you have short toes??? I find I have the same problem that the arch opening is too far back....I assume it's because I'm a forefoot runner with short toes......so my whole foot scrunches too far up. It's just a theory.

I think jrjo has probably the best quickest solution. All and all shoes are kind of the same.......they are made for pronation or no pronation. Our job is mold any shoe to fit our foot.